Department: Healthy Living
Reports to: Director of Healthy Living
The After-Care Coordinator will be responsible for the overall operations for the After-Care home (refer to residence rules for participants), which includes but is not limited to:
- Communicate with the Wraparound Liaison(s) about exits to the home
- Orient new participants about residential rules and policies and to encourage current participants to welcome new participants
- Communicate with the Wraparound Liaison(s) about any participant issues that arise
- Provide guidance to the women in practical, natural daily life situations, primarily through modeling versus “teaching-style directives” also through the delivering of natural consequences
- Carry cell phone for house emergencies
- Change Door Code when a participant exits unexpectedly or does not return from curfew and inform the Director of Healthy Living
RESPONSIBILITIES TO PARTICIPANTS:
- Model respectful relationship skills
- Review and explain house rules to new participants upon arrival
- Monitor and uphold house rules
- Model an appropriate, healthy, respectful life style
- Adhere to curfews and house rules
- Model basic life skills such as housekeeping, personal hygiene, and nutritious meal preparation
- Provide Mediation to participants as needed and use conflict resolution skills
In the event that a resolution cannot be reached, contact your supervisor for support
- Create a welcome and caring home environment
- Ensure that all maintenance needs are communicated to the Wraparound Liaison’s and participate in maintenance related problem solving.
- Purchase all cleaning and paper supplies for the home.
- Monitor the cleanliness and safety of the home.
- Maintain adequate supply of house and room keys.
- Share in household chores
PROGRAM / ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep a journal log of participant related issues (i.e.: Lates consequences given) and
- Contact Wraparound Liaison’s regarding any issues that will affect a participant’s program.
- Conduct and document regular house meetings with all participants to ensure any house issues are dealt with promptly and fairly.
- Provide Executive Director with schedule of availability for weekly meetings.
- Report all emergency situations to Support Line, following emergency procedures.
- Participate in workshops, classes as they relate to your position. Prior approval is required from your supervisor.
- Conduct monthly progress reports, reflecting on skills developed/required. Requests for support/training, and outstanding maintenance issues are to be documented and submitted to Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to be flexible in their work environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of Indigenous cultures
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Psychology or Addictions – Will consider some post-secondary
- education with experience in addictions or a related field
- Strong Boundaries
- Effective oral and written communication
- Effective group facilitation and public speaking skills
- Have own vehicle or other reliable transportation
- Familiar with resources in the Calgary and surrounding community
- Standard First Aid and Naloxone Training
General Employment Requirements:
- Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License and must have own reliable transportation
- Must be willing to sign an Oath of Confidentiality
- Must be willing to Travel and must hold a current valid credit card for travel purpose
- Must be able to pass a security clearance
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: May 24, 2023
Competition Closes: June 7, 2023 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.