Title: Assistant Cook
Department: Tsuut’ina Daycare
Reports to: Daycare Director
The Prep-cook cooks, serves, breakfast, snacks, and lunches, responsible for the preparation and service of menu items and performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepares food, serves food, and washing of all dishes, utensils and pots.
- Mix juice concentrate.
- Keeps kitchen clean and organized.
- Wipe counters
- Wipe stove
- Freeze any leftovers the day they are used.
- Wipe out microwave after each use if necessary.
- Wipe off appliances as needed.
- Clear drains of food and rinse out sink each time dishes are done.
- Remove from freezer any food needed for the following day for defrosting.
- Take out recycle products and empty trashcan.
- Sweep floor daily and mop as needed.
- Keep a freezer list and check off freezer foods as you use them.
- Assist in classrooms/playground as needed.
- Interact with the children in a manner that clearly conveys love and acceptance.
- Respond to children in a positive manner.
- Must be flexible and willing to substitute in a classroom when an employee is absent.
- Mandatory attendance required for staff meetings and development days.
- Disinfect sink and all countertops with bleach.
- Organize cabinets, including pots and pans and Tupperware drawers.
- Clean out silverware drawers.
- Each Friday, cleans out refrigerator.
- Write the shopping list and transport self on Child Care van to COSTCO, produce store, and certain grocer marts when needed.
- Write the grocery list
- Organize the cabinets.
- Clean the oven.
- Defrost the freezer.
- Write monthly food order.
- Use the Daycare Child Care van to purchase supplies when necessary.
- Put away monthly food order and take empty boxes to the recycling bins.
- Be able to lit push and carry 40 lbs., sit for 30 minutes and stand for an hour.
- Be able to use all fingers on both hands, and have use of both legs, and be able to walk 500 feet.
- 2 years Culinary Experience & Certificate/Diploma
- Food Handling Certificate
- High School Diploma
- Depending on your position – Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: May 8, 2023
Competition Closes: May 22, 2023 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.