Title: Concession Cook
Department: Sportsplex Concessions
Reports to: Outlet/Food Manager
This occupation helps to build the experience for our customers through a ‘customer comes first’ attitude by providing hands-on and timely quality service, exceptional value, and a superior product.
We are seeking a part-time/casual Line Cook who is looking to expand their food and beverage knowledge.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus is on the opening, daily operations and closing
- Ensure facility is set up & ready 15 minutes prior to opening.
- Ability to carry out daily food preparations following all guidelines, recipes and food safety standards
- Ensure exceptional service delivery of all food and beverage services
- Provide a consistently high standard of service in an efficient and genuine manner, including the handling of special meals
- Deal with guest requests/concerns while maintaining poise and a positive resolution driven attitude.
- Assist with catering when required.
- Ensure the effective implementation of and adherence to standards.
- Ensures a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment.
- Ensures all equipment is in proper working order.
- Ensure all checklists are complete in a timely fashion.
- Ensure adequate stock levels and resources.
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Uses up selling and suggestive selling approaches
- Investigates all guest inquiries in a timely fashion to provide the highest possible service
- Inspects sections and workstations to ensure proper set-up and organization
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum one-year experience in a food and beverage environment preferred
- Must be able to lift heavy items (up to 60 lbs.)
- Must be reliable, dependable and possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Work a variety of shifts, including weekends. Hours of work will be scheduled based on business volumes/operational demands and will vary.
- Good with counting numbers
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Walking – Over 8 hrs./day
- Standing – Over 8 hrs./day
- Bending/Reaching – Over 4 hrs./day
- Pushing/Pulling – Over 4 hrs./day
We are looking for a dynamic team player with high energy, creativity, professional manner and strong work ethic to join our experienced Food & Beverage team! The successful candidate must have a good understanding of key service standards and quality service. The position is accountable for modeling and acting in accordance with the Core Values and Code of Ethics.
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: December 14, 2022
Competition Closes: December 28, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.