Title: Data Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Education
Designation: Contract Term
The Tsuut’ina Education Department Data Coordinator is responsible for providing the technical administration of PowerSchool, PowerTeacher Pro, and any other additional modules as needed, as well as systems administration and data integration with other student information systems such as PASI and EIS. The incumbent has ongoing responsibilities of becoming proficient at managing software and security improvements through collaborating with other key staff within our team environment.
Position Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of our student information systems;
- Act as a liaison with end-users and internal and external support staff to ensure that all data entry is completed accurately and in a timely manner so that the information system use will be accurate and effective;
- Provide Help Desk support to end users;
- Perform all necessary activities related to data extraction and reporting for district, provincial, and federal accountability and funding requirements, review, verify, and extract student data related to attendance, course marks, and other relevant student information needed for a variety of reporting functions;
- Work with technical support staff as needed to ensure the latest versions of all modules related to the program are maintained;
- Maintain and support the functioning of current PASI, PowerSchool, and PowerTeacher Pro environments, including user accounts and security groups/roles;
- Assist with development and implementation of the annual schedule of operations according to defined requirements;
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures related to use and security of the Student Information System;
- Continue to actively participate in professional learning opportunities related to using
PowerSchool and other software’s when needed;
- Flexibility to work weekends, evening, outside of regular school hours to support and resolve any service issues or updates to the system;
- Work with Tsuut’ina Nation Education Department Schools’ administration support staff
- Work with Provincial Liaison Workers, Administrative Support, and School Districts to assist in completing and submitting Nominal Roll
Education and Experience:
- Training and experience related to the use of student information systems including PowerSchool;
- Experience working in a school office (preferably high school) with an understanding of the functions related to student enrollment, course coding, scheduling, and attendance;
- Experience and/or training related to PASI requirements and how to use PASI Prep to upload, maintain, and verify student information while resolving core alerts;
- Proficient in a number of applications used in an education environment such as Google, Microsoft Office, and virtual communication tools
- Knowledge of Tsuut’ina language and culture;
- Aptitude for innovation and continuous improvement with strong skills in organization, goal-setting, analysis, and problem-solving skills;
- Reliable, dependable, trustworthy, and ability to work appropriately with confidential information;
- Ability to work effectively as an active team member in cooperation with other school personnel, parents/guardians, instructional resource personnel and students.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and willingness to regularly enhance skills and knowledge for professional development.
- Ability to manage situations of conflict, frustration and unpleasantness effectively.
- Strong organizational, time management, prioritization, multitasking and pacing skills to support student scheduling.
- Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Must possess a valid driving license.
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: March 8, 2023
Competition Closes: March 15, 2023 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.