Department: Tsuut’ina Nation Daycare Centre
Reports to: Tsuut’ina Daycare Director
The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that municipal buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Follows and completes the center’s daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule. These duties include:
- Collects and bags all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in the closed dumpster.
- Disinfects and cleans garbage and trashcans, and changes garbage bags daily.
- Washes and sanitizes bathrooms fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
- Using germicidal solution, wet mops all washable floors daily including kitchen, bathrooms, office and classrooms.
- Washes bathroom, kitchen, classrooms and other windows (inside and outside) and walls using germicidal solution as scheduled or needed.
- Vacuums all carpeting daily.
- Sweeps and clears entrance spaces, daily.
- Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
- Performs other cleaning duties as specified in schedule.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers.
- Changes light bulbs, as needed.
- Reports the following to the Director, or designated staff person:
- Presence of animals, pests or insects.
- Need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
- Water leaks, and other maintenance needs.
- All other health and safety hazards noticed.
- Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety activities, as requested.
- Attends and participates in center pre-service and in-service trainings.
- Performs other duties as specified in job description postscript or as assigned.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Must complete Vulnerable sector check
- Custodial experience is an asset
- WHIMIS Certification
- Maintenance experience is an asset
- General knowledge of housekeeping skills, i.e.; washing and care of floors, polishing, mopping and other duties
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact positively with Members, tenants, employees and visitors
- Proven consistency and reliability
- Ability to understand and promote confidentiality
- Must be willing to obtain further training as required
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
- Must be prepared to provide a current (6 months or less) Criminal Record Check
- Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: June 28th, 2022
Competition Closes: June 12th, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.