Department: Tsuut’ina Nation Daycare Centre
Reports to: Tsuut’ina Daycare Director
The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that municipal buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Follows and completes the center’s daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule. These duties include:
- Collects and bags all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in the closed dumpster.
- Disinfects and cleans garbage and trashcans, and changes garbage bags daily.
- Washes and sanitizes bathrooms fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
- Using germicidal solution, wet mops all washable floors daily including kitchen, bathrooms, office and classrooms.
- Washes bathroom, kitchen, classrooms and other windows (inside and outside) and walls using germicidal solution as scheduled or needed.
- Vacuums all carpeting daily.
- Sweeps and clears entrance spaces, daily.
- Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
- Performs other cleaning duties as specified in schedule.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers.
- Changes light bulbs, as needed.
- Reports the following to the Director, or designated staff person:
- Presence of animals, pests or insects.
- Need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
- Water leaks, and other maintenance needs.
- All other health and safety hazards noticed.
- Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety activities, as requested.
- Attends and participates in center pre-service and in-service trainings.
- Performs other duties as specified in job description postscript or as assigned.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Must complete Vulnerable sector check
- Custodial experience is an asset
- WHIMIS Certification
- Maintenance experience is an asset
- General knowledge of housekeeping skills, i.e.; washing and care of floors, polishing, mopping and other duties
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact positively with Members, tenants, employees and visitors
- Proven consistency and reliability
- Ability to understand and promote confidentiality
- Must be willing to obtain further training as required
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
- Must be prepared to provide a current (6 months or less) Criminal Record Check
- Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: October 13, 2022
Competition Closes: October 27, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.