Department: Tsuut’ina Gunaha Institute
Reports to: Language and Culture Executive Director
Direct Reports: Language and Culture Committee
Review date: June 17, 2022
The Tsuut’ina Gunaha Institute Director is responsible for overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Tsuut’ina Gunaha Institute programming including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. The Director is responsible for guiding, implementing and enforcing the language revitalization strategy within the Tsuut’ina Nation. The Director is responsible for ensuring all program spending is done in accordance with guidelines defined by funding sources and conducting all regular program reporting. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the proper conduct of all Tsuut’ina Gunaha Institute staff members in accordance with the Tsuut’ina Nation Policy and Procedures Manual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all matters related to the successful operation of the Tsuut’ina Gunaha Institute
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secured, and legal working environment; developing personal growth opportunities that will benefit overall Tsuut’ina language revitalization.
- Guide and facilitate the overall development of the Tsuut’ina language revitalization strategy within the Tsuut’ina Nation
- Guides the development of the Tsuut’ina language curriculum, school language strategy, and Head Start/Daycare language strategy
- Facilitates the development of pertinent language learning material for use within the Nation.
- Contract from time to time appropriate personnel for tasks associated with the development of the Tsuut’ina language
- Assist with all simple translations and information when requested
- Employ strategies in support of program delivery
- Identify and comply with program funding sources
- Provide monthly and semi-annual reports to Dit’onik’odza Charities Limited
- Provide monthly program reports and updates to Essential Services Director
- Provide financial information upon request
- Research best practices for language revitalization by attending symposiums, workshops, conferences, etc, and by hosting language initiatives and seminars
- Communicate with Tsuut’ina Administrative and Finance staff to ensure exceptional program operations
- Liaise with other Tsuut’ina Nation departments for benefit of Tsuut’ina language revitalization
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma with post-secondary experience in management, linguistics, and education. Post-Secondary Degree is an asset.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Tsuut’ina language, history, and culture
- Must have knowledge of the proper cultural protocols pertaining to working with elders and ceremonial people
- Experience working with Elders
- Experience working with various modes of multi-media and technology
- Knowledge of “AGLC Eligible Use of Proceeds Manual”
- Knowledge of Tsuut’ina Policy and Procedures
- Management experience
- Experience working in an education facility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation and mediation skills
- Committed to the full revitalization of the Tsuut’ina Language
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: September 16, 2022
Competition Closes: September 23, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.