Department: All Schools
Reports to: Principal, Director of Education, Executive Assistants
To provide confidential reception and administrative support for Chief Big Belly Middle School reporting to the principal and Director of Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Ensure that the reception area is organized and maintained to provide a professional environment consistent with acceptable standards of an office atmosphere.
• Perform all duties in accordance with Tsuut’ina Nation Administrative Policies and procedures.
• Screen all incoming calls for the school and relay accurate messages to respective school personnel.
• Maintain professional and positive relationships with all community members, parents, staff, students and visitors.
• Perform additional duties as directed by the principal.
• Report to work no later than 8:00 a.m. and depart no earlier than 4:00 p.m.
• Grade 12 or equivalent – Reception experience preferred
• Must possess exemplary interpersonal skills and positive attitude regarding Public Relations with the Tsuut’ina Nation members, parents and staff.
• Must be able to take direction and be able to work with minimal supervision • Must be reliable and punctual
• Must sign an “Oath of Confidentiality”
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Welfare Clearance • Must provide 3 reference
• High degree of proficiency in office computer applications such as word processing, publishing and presentation applications, email and other information management tools.
• String data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy
• Ability to multi task and work with continuous interruptions
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Strong time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and strong verbal, listening and written communication skills combined with the ability to speak with confidence • Strong conflict management skills
• Professionalism, tact, courtesy and diplomacy skills.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and discretionary matters and maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work independently or under general supervision
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: January 26, 2023
Competition Closes: February 9, 2023 @ 12:00 PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T3T 0E1
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.