Grey Eagle Resort & Casino Job Posting Alert: Casino – Pastry Cook – Job ID J0423-0296
Organization: Sonco Gaming
Job Title: Casino – Pastry Cook
Job Type: Permanent Part Time
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Casino – Pastry Cook
Come… Enjoy… Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Located on the Tsuut’ina First Nation, Grey Eagle Resort & Casino is Calgary’s number one entertainment facility. We are looking for talented, energetic and motivated individuals to join our diverse workforce! We offer competitive salaries, benefits and opportunities to grow your career.
Reporting to the Pastry Chef, the Pastry Cook is responsible for preparing food as per the pre-established company standards along with adhering to the food & work safe policies and procedures. If you have the drive to excel, passion for creating exceptional customer service and be a part of the leading gaming, entertainment & hospitality destination in Calgary, we would like to hear from you. The Pastry cook must be aware of and be able to work in a smoking environment.
Please note: This is a 9am to 5pm shift.
• Preparing, Patisserie, Chocolates, Bread and Plated dessert production.
• Preparing the “mise-en-place” (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces etc) and other products as required for the food service period.
• Keeping the workstation clean at all times and adhering to the food & work safe practices.
• Receiving & checking for the quality of food items and speak with Pastry Chef or Sous Chef if there is any discrepancy.
• Labeling, dating, storing and rotating of food products in appropriate storage areas as per the food safe practices.
• Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
• Developing & cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests & colleagues alike)
• Performing other duties as assigned or directed by the managers.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a high volume restaurant is preferred.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Previous culinary education or apprenticeship would be an asset.
• Food Safe level 1 certification is mandatory & a condition for employment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Should possess professional attitude, strong interpersonal skills and be a good team player.
• Must be able to work weekends and statutory holidays.
• Ability to follow instructions either written or vocal from the managers.
• Must be aware of and be able to work in a smoking environment.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
* Priority will be given to Tsuut’ina Nation members.
To apply click on the link below:
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH WEBSITE/LINK ^^^
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.