Job Title: Human Resource Charity Cage Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Permanent, Full-Time
As a Human Resources Cage Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the charity cage general managers with staffing resolutions, administrative duties like training, tracking data, assisting in scheduling, assisting in hiring new employees, and ensuring the cage is following cage policies. The “cage” is located at Grey Eagle Casino, this position will be operating out of Dit’onik’odza’s Administration Office located on Tsuut’ina Nation. You will be expected to have excellent communication skills, be able to work well under pressure, and have a strong understanding of human resources policies and procedures. You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records and reports, as well as ensuring that all employees are trained and up to date on company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job description for the Human Resources Cage Manager shall be, but not limited to, the following:
- May be required to obtain an AGLC license to perform duties of the charity workers as needed.
- Acts as a role model for employees and fosters teamwork, employee morale, motivation, and open communication
- Initiates Staff development and training
- Assists in the facilitation of the recruitment process and provides department payroll functions.
- Effectively manages and leads table games staff to achieve and maintain a high level of job performance and exceptional customer service.
- Conduct data collection and analysis to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Engage in coaching and mentoring of the management team.
- Collaborate with department managers to develop and maintain job descriptions and performance evaluation processes.
- Coordinate employee training programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Conduct interviews and participate in the selection process for new hires.
- Train, direct and motivate staff.
- Perform annual reviews of employees.
- Perform a variety of human resources responsibilities including on-boarding, training, disciplinary actions, and other employee issues as they arise.
- Assist in coordinating the training within the departments, ensure that they have sufficient knowledge and skills to efficiently and effectively complete duties
- Assist with shift schedules as required, to maximize the department’s resources to ensure all work priorities under normal and excessive workload conditions are met
- Reports to the Dit’onik’odza Charities Limited Executive Director
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the ED or Controller
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- A minimum of 3 years of diverse experience across all functional human resources areas
- Specialization or diploma/certificate in HR highly desired
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Excellent data analysis skills to interpret HR metrics and trends
- Solid understanding of employment standards and applicable legislation regulation
- Knowledge of AGLC Casino Terms and Conditions and Casino sector is an asset
- Effective leadership skills with an attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a high standard of professionalism aligned with Dit’onik’odza values
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all Dit’onik’odza team members
- Represent Dit’onik’odza in a professional manner
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and enthusiasm
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate a high level of administrative and IT capacity
- Comprehend and apply all Casino and Cash Cage policies and procedures
- The capabilities to multi task under time constraints
Competition Opens: February 2, 2024
Competition Closes: February 16, 2024 noon
Apply in Writing to Resume, Cover Letter, and References:
Attn: Jane Starlight
Dit’onik’odza Charities Limited
9911 Chiila Boulevard
Tsuu T’ina, Alberta, T2W 6H6
Telephone: (403) 238-6090
Facsimile: (403) 238-6984