Department: Tsuut’ina Human Resources Department
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Classification: Full time One-Year Term
JOB ROLE AND SUMMARY
The HR Business Partner at the Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department will be responsible to provide focused HR generalist proficiency and professional support to the HR Department and assigned portfolio areas. The incumbent is responsible for administering, interpreting and developing HR policies, procedures and programs while focusing on the talent management, organizational effectiveness and employee relations needs. Must manage multiple tasks and demands while providing excellent service to employees and management. The HR Business Partner is expected to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with Executive Directors/Managers/Supervisors in their assigned areas and gain an understanding of the businesses, programs and services they are serving.
Talent Management (Recruitment, Retention and Workforce Planning)
- Be a key player in getting the right talent onboard and helping them grow to their optimal capabilities meeting organizational objectives.
Organizational Effectiveness (Employee Engagement, Managing Change, Learning and Development)
- Assists in the evolving changes and improvement of the processes and structures that are part of HR’s responsibility.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Tsuut’ina Nation employees and management. Act as a liaison or intermediary to help prevent and resolve problems or disputes and assist in creating and enforcing policies that are fair and consistent for everyone in the workplace.
Training and Development
- Assist managers in identifying and developing training and development opportunities for employees to learn and grow professionally and reach their full potential.
- Apply project management skills and principles for HR purposes to streamline work and achieve project goals.
- Compile and prepare information for HR reports, statistics or trends.
- Participate as a team member to support, develop and implement HR programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with HR Assistants to ensure accurate processing of employee data and information.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a relevant field of study – CHRP is a definite asset.
- Three to five years progressive HR experience preferred.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Sound judgment, reliability and diplomacy are essential in this role.
- Strong employee relations skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups while positively representing the HR department.
- The ability to respond to changing needs and priorities and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Some travel within the Tsuut’ina Nation will be required – must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Must be prepared to provide a current CPIC.
- Must be prepared to adhere and positively promote Tsuut’ina HR Policies.
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: March 6, 2023
Competition Closes: March 20, 2023 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.