Title: IT Field Technician (Level 3)
Department: Information Technology (IT) Department
Reports to: Information Technology (IT) Field Tech Manager
This position provides the highest level of support to end users by handling service requests that have been escalated by lower tiers. Support will be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone, or via email. They will have the ability to analyze existing systems and make proactive recommendations for improvements. Maintains and implements all system and application configurations.
- Provides resolution for escalated service tickets
- Works with clients to evaluate and solve technical problems
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes
- Collaborate with Administrators to develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Troubleshoots network performance
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Mentor/Train Junior Field Technicians
- 5+ years of advanced IT/IS troubleshooting experience (Microsoft & Apple environments)
- 3+ years’ experience supporting mobile devices (iOS & Android)
- One or more of the following certifications: A+, MCSE, CCNA, HDI
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems
- Advanced knowledge of current desktop operating system
- Professional customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by required deadlines, are key requirements in this position
- Be able to provide comprehensive support and training on essential business software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment providing 24x7x365 support in person, over the phone, and via video conference
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required for implementation of special projects and emergencies along with travel between various departments/companies.
- Coordinate with vendors for provision of end-user support (e.g. Hardware Vendor technicians for warranty repair/replacement)
- a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: October 19, 2022
Competition Closes: November 2, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.