Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
The Main Office Receptionist provides support to the Chief Joseph Big Plume Office and is the first point of contact for visitors, clients, employees and members of the Public. This position requires an individual with a high level of professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills, and superior organizational skills to manage the flow of calls and visitors to the offices.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Receptionist’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and directing visitors to appropriate areas and managing the sign-in process
- Answering and directing incoming calls to the correct employees or departments
- Maintaining a clean and organized reception area
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Maintaining call logs including long distance calls.
- Maintaining department files within the area of responsibility for Reception
- Performing administrative duties as assigned (data entry, faxing, scanning)
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of departmental programs such as meetings and events ensuring there is no overlap and assisting with materials that may needed for the scheduled events.
- Overseeing the organization and supplies of common areas including but not limited to boardrooms and front reception.
- Handling all service calls for office equipment and facilities
- Observe and report any security issues to the Security personnel
- Maintain the reception area in a presentable and pleasant manner
- Must practice strict confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Grade 12 desirable but not necessary
- A minimum of 1-2 years reception or administrative experience
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Demonstrated consistency, reliability, and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Proven professional with the ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to be comfortable answering phones, transferring phone calls and documenting events (deliveries, pick-ups etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Only Nation citizens may apply for this position
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: April 3, 2023
Competition Closes: April 28, 2023 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
This competition is an internal posting and is open only to Tsuut’ina Nation citizens.