Tile: Service Manager
Department: Public Works
Reports to: Director of Operations
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Service Manager is a senior professional and is responsible for overall operations of the department for the Tsuut’ina Public Works. This individual is required to administer and enforce current Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources operating policy and procedures. They shall oversee day to day administration personnel and maintain effective business operations. They shall adhere to their roles and responsibilities as it is outlined in this job description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Delegate and direct service tasks and work orders, monitor current progress, and manage team members to ensure that staff objectives, attendance, compliance and goals are being met.
- Handle customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion and maintain good relations with internal and external clients.
- Conduct daily administrative tasks, including managing/mentoring team members, updating policy and procedures, tracking invoices, work orders and payments.
- Improve service methods and enhance productivity.
- Host weekly service meetings with all staff.
- Develop and implement comprehensive safety plan and follow up with twice-monthly tailgate meetings.
- Audit completed work orders to ensure client satisfaction and thoroughness of job.
- The service manager will build and maintain strong relationships with trade partners and suppliers.
- Train new and existing team members to ensure consistent process and practices.
- Align our Service and Maintenance dept with industry best-practices.
- Work closely with team members to develop and maintain on-call roster/rotation, scope of work and support system.
- Report weekly to Director of Operations and provide monthly reports to Council regarding home transfer requests.
- Other duties as required by the Director of Operations or the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary training in construction administration would be an asset.
- 7-10 years of industry experience in residential construction and post-possession care.
- Experience managing and motivating a diverse team of staff members.
- Sound knowledge of building and safety code requirements.
- Exceptional customer service and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work both independently as well as in a team.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-directed, proactive individual who works effectively under pressure, with the added ability to multitask.
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly, as well as demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity.
- Strong leadership skills, including initiative and drive.
- Red Seal certification in Carpentry would be considered an asset
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: November 21, 2022
Competition Closes: December 5, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.