Job Title: Water Operator – Junior
Department: Commercial Infrastructure
Reports to: Supervisor Commercial Infrastructure
Tsuut’ina First Nations Public Works Commercial Infrastructure Department operates and maintains the regional water transfer system, distribution infrastructure at point of utilization including fire hydrants, storm & effluent sewer, lagoons and sewage lift stations. The treated water supply is from the City of Calgary. There would also be opportunity to learn and work on septic systems including fields, potable water wells, cisterns and pressurized home water distribution systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the guidance of the Commercial Infrastructure Manager and direct supervision of Level 1 & 2 Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Operators, you will responsible for conducting the daily operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater facilities.
The main responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to learning and executing the following:
- Carry out the daily operation of the water reservoirs and pumping stations, sewage lagoons, sewage lift station according to related Health Canada Government Standards (regulatory monitoring and updating log reports on operations and maintenance facilities)
- Assist in the carrying out inspections and testing of Nation fire hydrants;
- Assist in the carrying out inspections and testing of waste lagoon valves and assist in implementing repairs;
- Do sampling, testing and taking mitigating actions to maintain the operability of the waste water lagoons;
- Complete and compile data and daily inspections, monitoring, and sampling as required;
- Following policies, procedures, safety sanitation standards;
- Report operational problems to supervisor;
- Perform inspection and maintenance tasks as requested by the supervisor;
- Learn and competently perform laboratory analysis and reporting;
- Maintain all related readings and documentation;
- Keeping a daily log and documenting of analytical parameters;
- Learn, understand and assist in the preparation of monthly and annual reports;
- On call duties as per the schedule set out by the supervisor;
- Participate and comply with all aspects of the Nation’s health and safety program;
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service;
- Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel, Nation public and supervisor;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A valid Class 5 driver`s license Minimum
- Grade 12 or equivalent GED
- Proficiency in the use of tools and measuring devices needed to perform regular routine checks on all equipment as specified by the manufacturer.
- Physical fitness and endurance (walking, standing, lifting and twisting).
- Ability to lift 25 Kg (55 lbs.)
- Ability to work in confined or high work spaces or under sometimes adverse weather and temperature conditions
- Respond to all client inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Responsible to show up each day on time
- Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
- Strong independent worker and team player
- $20.00-$25.34/hr plus on call.
- Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check must be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: August 18, 2022
Competition Closes: September 1, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.